Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great recipe I found on the Knorr web site. I made it last night and it is fabulous, fast and easy....I did add some roasted tomato slices as I some in my refrigerator....great side dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- Knorr parma rosa sauce mix (1 pkg.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- In 3 quart saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook shallot, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in vodka and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in parma rosa mix blended with milk and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese. Simmer 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
- To serve, toss sauce with hot penne. Serve, if desired, with freshly ground pepper and additional grated parmesan cheese.
Yummy for a mix! I reduced the olive oil to 1 tablespoon and served the sauce over farfalle.