Recipe by Phil Franco
Tis recipe is courtesy of my Sicilian friend Adriana. She is at http://www.cookiesfromitaly.com
- 4 veal cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium red onion
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop tomatoes and red onion, combine in large bowl with arugula and radicchio.
- Add oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Beat eggs lightly. Mix together bread crumbs, pecorino cheese and parsley.
- Dredge veal cutlets in flour, egg, and then bread crumbs making sure both sides are breaded.
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Cook cutlets in olive oil until browned on both sides, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer cutlets to plates, spoon portion of the salad over top of each cutlet and serve.
- That's it.