Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom used to make this for us kids when we were young. Today I make it for my kids and they love it. It is so easy and tasty. Add a salad or bread and voila dinner is done.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2-1 cup potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix drained tuna, drained corn and drained noodles.
- Mix soup and milk, pour over tuna mixture and combine.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Crush potato chips and spread over top of casserole.
- Bake for 25 minute or until heated through.
- Variation: Add 1/2-1 Cup cheddar cheese over top of casserole before adding chips.
I followed the recipe exactly and served it with a garden salad. It was easy to prepare and tasted good- the potato chips added a nice touch. Next time I'd add some dried parsley and some pepper. I wonder if this would be as good with low fat or baked potato chips?
I use peas instead of corn and I heat it on top of the stove instead of baking. Omit chips. Easy and my 7 year old likes it, too.
Outstanding, and quick to prepare. Didn't have corn, so used peas instead. Added a green onion, and s&p to taste. Wonderful, creamy casserole that I will be making again. Thanks 'children from A to Z!