Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The BEST EVER! I love this bread-it's very moist and banana-y! From a lady I used to work with; she brought the bread in to work and had to write down the recipe for about ten people! I omit the nuts most of the time. There was a typo in the directions which I fixed after the first review. Enjoy!!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 -3 bananas, very ripe (depending on size-2 large, 3 small)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- Cream sugar and shortening.
- Meanwhile mash bananas in a small bowl.
- Add bananas and remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bake in a lightly greased loaf pan at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.
This is an absolutely awesome banana nut bread - I've followed the instructions, I've improvised with the number of bananas, the amount of sugar, whole wheat flour - and it's delicious each time.
Made for Zaar Tag. The ingredient list does not have butter listed in it, but the first line says to cream the butter and shortening. I used 1/2 cup butter. This turned out pretty good, I also added chocolate chips to mine. Thanks!