24 hrs 15 mins
From Mr. Price's "Come into the Kitchen" cookbook comes this oyster recipe from the Early America chapter. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shuck the oysters and put them, along with their liquor, into a sauté pan; simmer over medium heat until they begin to curl around the edges.
- 2Remove cooked oysters, leaving the liquor in the pan; set oysters aside.
- 3To the pan add the peppercorns, salt, mace, wine, vinegar, sherry, and Tabasco, and simmer over low for 10 minutes.
- 4Remove pickling sauce from heat and let cool.
- 5Put the cooked oysters into a quart container with a lid, then pour the cooled pickling sauce over.
- 6Cover tightly and chill in refrigerator for 1 day.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vincent Price Pickled Oysters
Serving Size: 1 (2658 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.3
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 400.0 mg
- Sodium 1438.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 75.6 g