Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Saveur magazine. Although the directions indicate pan frying, I grilled mine with very good results.
- 6 tablespoons maggi seasoning
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 lbs top sirloin steaks
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a wide shallow dish.
- Add steaks and rub all over with the marinade.
- Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Remove steaks from marinade and scrape off most of garlic.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 steak and cook until well browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip steak and cook about 2-3 more minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to cutting board and tent with foil.
- Repeat with other steak.
- Thinly slice both steaks across grain.
- Serve with rice and any accumulated juices.
Didn't use fresh garlic, but I substituted Adobo and added some fresh onions. It was delicious.
This is exactly what my uncle makes and it's one of my favorite marinades. Sat in room temperature for an hour and grilled on large skillet. Will definitely make this again on the BBQ. Served with white rice and fried egg. Next time, will probably make with fried saffron. Used maggi on rice and eggs. Thank you for posting!!