This is not an egg roll. Chicken filled with ham and shrimp.
Make and share this Vietnamese Phoenix Rolls - Banh Phuong Hoang recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 10 piece ham, about 2 x 1/2 inch strips
- 12-15 small shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 9.85 ml minced green onions
- 9.85 ml minced lemongrass (optional)
- 2.46 ml salt (to taste)
- 1.23 ml pepper (to taste)
- cooking oil
- nuoc cham sauce (recipe ID #25375 Nuoc Cham - Vietnamese Spicy Fish Sauce)
- Slice chicken into 5 thin strips, about 5 per breast.
- Flatten with a Chinese cleaver or mallet.
- Mash shrimp; add onions, lemongrass, salt and pepper and blend into a thick paste.
- Lay ham strips on the chicken pieces; add a tsp of shrimp to each, and roll.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Dip in cornstarch, then fry in oil in a skillet until golden brown.
- Serve with my recipe for"Nuoc Cham- Vietnamese Spicy Fish Sauce" (recipe#25375).