Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tasty Asian appetizer that will have you coming back for more! Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin
For the Marinade
- 4 stalks lemongrass, minced
- 6 shallots, minced
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, minced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- bamboo skewer
- Slice pork into long thin slices, less than 1/4" thick.
- Place pork into marinade ingredients and allow to rest at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Thread the pork onto bamboo skewers that have soaked in warm water for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Grill over medium-hot coals or heat for about 5 minutes, or until done.
- Alternatively, meat can be cooked in the broiler.
- Serve with Nuac mam (recipe#25375).
I had to make another batch as I kept eating these when I took them off the bbq, there was not alot left for anyone else, a store trip and 2 hours later they got rave reviews! I suggest making a double batch right from the start, I know I will cuz these are delicious! Thanks for a really good recipe!