Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are fresh and quite delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 grated lemons, peel
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- star fruit slices
- red bell pepper, strips
- orange strip
- Cut beef across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine lemon peel, juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Combine water, vinegar, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes without stirring until syrupy.
- Stir in crushed red pepper; set aside.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Soak wooden skewers in hot water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Thread beef onto metal or wooden skewers.
- Grill beef over medium hot briquets about 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Grill tortillas until hot.
- Place lettuce, beef, mint and cilantro on tortillas; drizzle with vinegar mixture. Roll tortillas to enclose filling.
- Garnish with star fruit, bell pepper and orange peel strips.