These are fresh and quite delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak
- 2 grated lemons, peel
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 48 inches flour tortillas
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- star fruit slices
- red bell pepper, strips
- orange strip
- 1Cut beef across the grain into thin slices.
- 2Combine lemon peel, juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- 3Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 4Combine water, vinegar, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes without stirring until syrupy.
- 5Stir in crushed red pepper; set aside.
- 6Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- 7Soak wooden skewers in hot water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- 8Thread beef onto metal or wooden skewers.
- 9Grill beef over medium hot briquets about 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- 10Grill tortillas until hot.
- 11Place lettuce, beef, mint and cilantro on tortillas; drizzle with vinegar mixture. Roll tortillas to enclose filling.
- 12Garnish with star fruit, bell pepper and orange peel strips.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Grilled Steak Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (1585 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 908.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: