Salty, sweet, crunchy all on one sandwich. Guaranteed to excite your taste buds! Healthy sandwich that comes together quickly. This can be grilled outdoors or cooked in a skillet/grill pan indoors. Serve with a nice soup for a super simple, but healthy meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I like them on the thinner side but thick is fine too)
- 4.92 ml olive oil (can also use a chile infused oil for some zip)
- 1.23 ml ginger powder
- 1.23 ml garlic salt (or powder to reduce sodium)
- 29.58 ml sugar (can sub splenda)
- 44.37 ml peanut butter
- 36.97 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml water
- 7.39 ml oil
- 4.92 ml vinegar (I use rice wine, but any variety will do or can also sub with lime juice)
- 236.59 ml broccoli slaw mix
- 1 cucumber, VERY thinly sliced (I like the English seedless variety)
- cilantro (chopped) (optional)
- hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 rolls, split (ciabatta bread is great but any bread choice will do)
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken breasts. Season with garlic salt.
- Wrap rolls in foil to heat on grill, or if cooking chicken indoors just pop in toaster oven to lightly toast.
- Chicken can be grilled outdoors or seared in a non stick skillet sprayed with Pam. Cook until done (10-15 minutes approximately depending on heat), without overcooking.
- Meanwhile, while chicken is cooking, in a very small sauce pan combine sugar, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, oil, and vinegar. Heat over medium low while stirring until sugar is disolved and peanut butter is melted.
- Assemble sandwiches by layering cucumbers on bottom of roll, top with chicken, followed by broccoli slaw (cilantro/hot pepper flakes if using too), then drizzle sauce over slaw. Top with upper bun.