Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love butter cookies and nuts. This was a recipe that was on my Joy of Cooking once a day recipe/cooking tips calendar. I haven't tried them yet, but plan to do so soon, so I'm guessing on prep time
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat the butter on medium speed of mixer until lightened in color and creamy.
- Sift 3/4 cup powdered sugar over the butter and beat until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts.
- Graduallly sift flour over the top while stirring.
- Knead until well blended.
- Pull off generous 1-tablespoon pieces of doug, roll with your hands into a short rope and shape into crescents.
- NOTE: If the dough is soft and difficult to handle, refrigerate until slightly firm.
- Space 1 1/4 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time until the crescents are tinged with brown and slightly darker at the edges, 13 to 16 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through baking for even browning.
- Remove the sheet to a cooling rack and let stand until the cookies firm slightly.
- Transfer the cookies to racks and cool completely. Sift 2/3 cup of powdered sugar over cookies (entire batch) until evenly coated.