Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F; spray 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In food processor or blender, place 1/2 cup cookie mix and the almonds; process until almonds are finely chopped.
- In large bowl, stir remaining cookie mix, the butter, egg and almond mixture until soft dough forms; press dough in pan to cover bottom.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown; cool 3 minutes.
- Loosen edges from side of pan; cut cookie into 4 (7 1/2x5-inch) rectangles.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- With spatula, transfer pieces to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, process jam until smooth.
- In small bowl, reserve 2 teaspoons of processed jam; set aside.
- Spread remaining jam on top side of 2 rectangles.
- Place a remaining rectangle, bottom side up, on top of each jam-covered rectangle.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the powdered sugar over each rectangle.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and the water to reserved jam; stir until smooth.
- Place in small food-storage plastic bag; seal bag.
- Cut small tip from one corner of bag; squeeze glaze on top of dusted rectangles in diagonal crisscross pattern.
- Let stand 30 minutes to set.
- Cut each rectangle in half to make 4 (7 1/2x2 1/2-inch) rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle into seven 2 1/2x1-inch bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.