1/1 Photo of Vidalia Onion Quiche
1 hr 30 mins
Diana #2's Note:
This is my contribution to "May--Vidalia Onion Month". Who knew there was such a thing. This quiche is sweet and mild. Wonderful served with a salad and a crusty roll. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Melt butter in a large frying pan, and add sliced onions.
- 3Sautéuntil transparent. Set aside to cool.
- 4Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese in the bottom of the pie plate.
- 5Add the cooled onions.
- 6Mix together eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- 7Pour over the onions and top with remaining cheese and chives.
- 8Bake for 40 - 50 minutes, or until mixture is set.
- 9Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vidalia Onion Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.7
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 286.1 mg
- Sodium 430.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 18.5 g