Recipe by carole in orlando
My thanks to JustBreadmakerRecipes.com for this great bread recipe. Cheese and dill flavors melded with vadalia onions and a hint of nutmeg. So good with soup or for sandwiches.
- 3⁄4 cup tap water
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups white bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut in pieces
- 1⁄2 tablespoon bread machine yeast
- 1 medium vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Add ingredients to your bread machine, according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Do not add the chopped onions until the beep.
- I found that I had to add a Tbsp of flour with the onions as they made it a little wet.
- I used the basic bread cycle for a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- I also used Smoked Cheddar Cheese, as that is what I had and it was wonderful.