Recipe by Kit^..^ty Of Canada
This is a light vegetable dish compared to the ones with sauces, I prefer the lighter taste. Recipe from First magazine.
Top Review by invictus
I used cauliflower, carrots, and cauliflower, and doubled the amount. Even so I thought there were too many breadcrumbs and used only about 1/3 of a cup of the mixture that I made. It was also plenty cheesy for me. Very tasty and we will be making again!
- 1 (1 lb) packagebaby beans and carrots vegetable mix, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and cut into 1/4 inch thick strips (about 1 cup)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces gruyere or 4 ounces emmenthaler cheese or 4 ounces swiss cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broiler to high.
- In large saucepot, bring 4 quarts, salted water to a boil.
- Add bean blend and red peppers, reduce heat to medium and cook 5 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer vegetables to 7 cup casserole dish.
- Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, combine butter, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic powder and thyme, pulse 30 seconds or until crumbly.
- Sprinkle bread crumb topping over vegetables and broil 5 minutes or until topping is brown and cheese is bubbly.