1/1 Photo of Very Simple Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
This recipe doesn't have many ingredients but still tastes delicious. I've also made this with chicken thighs cut into bite-size pieces. Serve with fresh rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take one bunch of broccoli (2-3 crowns depending on the size) and cut into florets. Steam until half cooked.
- 2Meanwhile, take the flank steak (or you can use rib eye) and slice it into thin slices against the grain. This is easier to do if the meat is half frozen.
- 3Next, heat a nonstick frying pan over high heat.
- 4When the pan is hot, add 2-3 Table. vegetable oil.
- 5After 10 seconds, add the meat, garlic powder, and 2 Tablespoons of the oyster sauce. Stir-fry just until most of the pink is gone from the meat.
- 6Add the half cooked broccoli, 3 Tablespoons oyster sauce and a dash of salt. You might feel the need to add a little more oyster sauce according to your tastes. Only cook the broccoli another minute or two as you want it to still be slightly crisp.
- 7Turn off the heat and sprinkle with the sesame seed oil.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Simple Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.2
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 711.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 22.6 g