Recipe by Pippyw
This is a very healthy muffins, good for breakfast and lunch. You can see there are many ingredients making the muffins full of flovour, however, the muffins come out not moist and sweet but good for health. Sweet and butter lover, please don't try.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup whole grain cereal
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (or your desired)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or your desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 375 degree.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt together and set aside.
- Mix the milk and fresh lemon juice together and set aside for about five minutes (or you can use 1 cup sour cream instead); I place the mixture in hot water, so that the milk becomes thicken quicker.
- Soaked the whole grain cereal in the milk mixture and set aside.
- Stir the light brown sugar and egg and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and maple syrup into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture and stir a little bit and then add pecans and raisins.
- Pour the dry ingredient into the mixture and mix well (not too much, just mix them together or the flour cannot be seen.
- Put the mixture into muffin cups about 3/4 full (i Usually make them full) and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- This recipe makes about 8 to 10 regular size muffins.