Recipe by Sharon123
The dressing is what makes this salad. Adapted from Chef Tal Ronnen's The Conscious Cook cookbook.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This was such a wonderful salad. The flavor of all the herbs was just great !! I could not find fresh tarragon so had to use dried. Also did not have agave nectar so just used some honey. I don't think it affected the taste because this was just so good. I had to go to two different places to find the "kohlrabi" but it added a nice crunch to the salad and well worth trying to find. I will be making this dressing and salad again. Does not take too long to put together and it goes great with just about anything. Made it to go with Recipe #355275 and it worked out well. Made in memory of Sharon's DH. Thanks so much for sharing Sharon.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small shallot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 1 small sprigs fresh tarragon
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary, stem removed
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light agave nectar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil (or olive oil)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch thick half moons
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, finely diced
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince the garlic and shallot in a food processor. Scrape down sides and the add parsley, tarragon, basil and rosemary. Pulse to chop.
- Add the vinegar, agave nectar, salt, pepper, mustard, and 1 tbls. water. Pulse again. With the machine running, slowly pour in the oil in a thin stream.
- Place the cucumber, lettuce, onion, and kohlrabi in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Enjoy!