Recipe by MizzNezz
Easy, cheesy, real comfort food!
Top Review by yooper
Inez, this was very good. I was a little leery about the cottage cheese, but it provided a pleasant tang to the overall flavor. The minced onion was a nice addition also, although next time I think I'll cut back on the amount. Very creamy and cheesy and it definately deserves a spot on my top ten favorite mac and cheese recipe list!
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions in oil until tender.
- Add macaroni, cheddar cheese, and parsley.
- Mix milk, cottage cheese, salt and pepper until smooth; mix well.
- Add to macaroni mixture, mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2 qt casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 25 minutes.