Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love blueberries and this shows them off splendidly! Adapted from Prevention magazine(03). New England, Canada, Mid Atlantic, South
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups blueberries
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine the cottage cheese, sugars, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend on high until the midxture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the berries into the bottom of each of 4 parfait glasses. Spoon 2 heaping tbls. of the cheese mixture on top of the berries. Add another layer of the 1/2 cup berries. Top with 1 heaping tbls. of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the chocolate morsels on top of each parfait. Enjoy!
I made this replacing the sugars with Splenda for a yummy, diabetic friendly, treat. I also used frozen berries and, as Rita said, it was like ice cream in places. This gives a maximum reward for a small effort.
Lovely...blue berry delish...we have a lot of berries right now and this is a great way to serve them. I made two little dishes for my husband and self and adjusted things as needed (in favor of more berries:) & maybe a bit more chocolate.....thought it was really neat the way the cottage cheese whipped up creamy ( I had never done that before- great concept)...it tasted somewhat like a custard with the added sweetener...I choose to use Stevia because I had a free sample of it and was told it was great with fruit...IT WAS...I also topped mine with chocolate shavings instead of chips...YUM!!- Thanks Sharon...a lovely sweet treat !! Light and refreshing:)
I made for one! Using honey in place of the sugars. Used frozen blueberries which thickened the cheese making it like ice cream. Very good!