Recipe by pamela t.
If you like sweet with salty and zesty, try thistasty tart bubbling with sweetness from the berries, tartness from the lemon juice, and saltiness from the blue cheese. Delicious!
Top Review by Susie D
I made some changes in order to be able to sample the recipe. I had some left over won ton wrappers from another meal so placed them in a mini muffin pans. I then spooned the filling into the little cups and baked. I also used homemade mascarpone, sugar, and the smaller listed amount of blueberries. I feel I would prefer these to be entirely savory & would leave out the sugar next time. Thank you for the recipe!
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 6 sheets phyllo dough, pasty sheets
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 3 ounces blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 ounces Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Unwrap phyllo sheets.
- Place on floured surface. Set aside.
- Wash berries, place in bowl and add 2 oz. Splenda.
- Add juice of 2 lemons.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Blend marcarpone and blue cheese on medium setting 1-2 minutes.
- Fold in chopped green onions, parsley and gently fold in berries--add all or about half.
- Cut sheets into 4" squares or use dumpling maker. (I have one that folds the dough for you).
- Add just enough cheese mixture in the middle leaving about 1/2 " edges. Fold over into trianles and wet edges with water.
- Place on cookie sheets--use either cooking spray or parchment paper to line the sheets.
- Brush with egg white.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with Splenda, if you like sweeter.
- Garnish with remaining berries, if desired.