Recipe by Nikki
This is one of those quick, "empty your store cupboard, and it just works" recipes. Perfect for when you have unexpected guests. Great with a salad in summer, and kids eat this quite happily.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Excellent recipe! I wondered about the bread, it seemed like a strange ingredient, but I dutifully made the recipe as directed, and turned out a beautiful crustless quiche! Baked perfectly, sliced like a dream. My ingredients were onion, finely sliced celery and chopped bacon, and I added thyme and sweet basil as my herbs. One of my eggs was small, so i added an extra egg. This is indeed a very versatile tart, ideal for when you have assorted ingredients and are thinking, what to do. I served it with baby roast potatoes and garlic green beans. Made for PAC Fall 2008, thanks, Nikki!
- 3 slices diced bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 3 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat bread, butter and milk until soggy.
- Do not overcook.
- Add other ingredients and mix.
- Place in greased pie dish and bake at 190 deg C for 30 minutes.
- Instead of tuna, use a tin of corned beef or chopped viennas (wieners).
- Leave out mushrooms if desired.