1/1 Photo of Versatile Lemon Chicken
dimensionally transcendental's Note:
This is my version of the seemingly infinite variety of lemon chicken recipes. It is a mixture of half a dozen different ones I have tried. I settled on this because it is seriously easy to make and very versatile. The amount of butter, flour and seasoning is really just a matter of taste. However, if you can, use organic chicken because it isn't pumped full of water and nonsense which can ruin the thick gloopy sauce. You can add whatever you like to it while it is cooking and serve it with anything. My favourite is pasta (conchiglie or penne) and mushrooms or homemade garlic potato wedges. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Juice the lemon.
- 2Mix the flour, salt and pepper on a plate.
- 3Cut the chicken into long strips.
- 4Thoroughly coat the chicken in the flour mixture.
- 5Melt half of the butter in a frying pan (that has a lid for later).
- 6On a very high heat add the chicken to the butter and quickly brown on both sides.
- 7Reduce the heat, add the rest of the butter and let it melt.
- 8Add the lemon juice and cover the pan. NB If you want to add mushrooms or other veggies now is a good time.
- 9The chicken will be ready in approximately 10 minutes - I stir it occasionally but that isn't necessary.
- 10Serve the chicken with the lemon butter mixture as the sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Versatile Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.0
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 236.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 32.3 g