Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was delicious. Definately make sure you cut the potatoes in 1/2 inch squares and use a shallow pan. I really think the smaller they are, the faster they cook.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- shredded cheese (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/2 cup of potato chips, onion, melted butter, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased shallow baking dish (9x13 is good).
- Sprinkle with remaining potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 to 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with shredded cheese and return to oven.
- Bake a few more minutes until cheese melts.
- Makes about 6 to 8 servings.
We were disappointed with this. I followed the recipe exactly and used PAM to grease the pan. Was expecting the potato chips to add some crunch but they were soggy -- really added nothing to the recipe. This was ok but nothing special.
6 out of 6 agree, it was very yummy.
My family loved this and it was soo easy.