Recipe by Mille®
From the Smugglers' Notch Inn, Jeffersonville, Vermont
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
I am not really sure what went wrong here. The chicken is sweet and there is spice - but the two flavors just did not go together and oddly enough this recipe was very bland. Maybe brown sugar instead of Maple Syrup and a bit more seasoning. I am sorry this did not work out.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts, blanched,roasted
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- sesame seeds, to taste
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vermont maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir-fry peanut oil and peanuts for 2 minutes until browned; add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, basil, scallions and sesame seeds and cook two more minutes until chicken loses pinkness.
- Add the white wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, water, and maple syrup, and bring to a boil.
- Garnish with peanuts.