Recipe by YummySmellsca
Chunks of crystallized ginger, ground dried ginger and a knob of grated fresh ginger all packed into chewy, oat-flour based goodies!
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 3⁄4 cup demerara sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oat flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄3 cup minced crystallized ginger, 25 pieces reserved for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350F, line a cookie sheet with parchment or silicone.
- Cream together shortening, butter, fresh ginger and Demerara sugar until fluffy.
- Add molasses, corn syrup, and egg, beating well.
- Beat in flours, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Fold in candied ginger.
- Roll into tablespoon-size balls, placing on the cookie sheets ½-1" apart. Flatten slightly and press a chunk of reserved crystallized ginger into the tops.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.