Prep 35 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 2 venison bones, cracked,large
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄16 teaspoon mace
- 12 green peppercorns, crushed
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked salt
- Crack deer bones after removing from meat (large ham bone& pelvic bones, etc).
- Place in large stew pot, add seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for three hours.
- Strain stock through tea strainer, then through cloth to remove any particles.
- Allow to cool, then skim off any fat which accumulates.
- Use as base for soup or stew.