Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Healthy, hearty soup. You would think it's full of butter and oil as rich as it tastes, but it's very low in fat and high in protein.
- 1 quart venison stock
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs venison roast, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb frozen green beans
- salt and pepper
- In an heavy 8 quart stock pot, heat oil over medium high heat until it just smokes.
- Add venison roast.
- Season with salt.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook until well seared.
- Add Onion, carrots and celery.
- Salt and stir occasionally until slightly tender (sweat) Add garlic and cook until just fragrant.
- Do not brown the garlic.
- Deglaze pan with some stock, stir until all bottom of pan is clean.
- Add remaining stock, parsley and bay leaf.
- Simmer until veggies are tender.
- Add beans, cover and let sit on heat for a minute.
- Remove from heat and let sit until beans reach desired tenderness.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
Everyone enjoyed this soup.Very tasty. Quick and easy. Will be a great addition to my winter meals. Thanks for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs.