Recipe by Steve_G
Healthy, hearty soup. You would think it's full of butter and oil as rich as it tastes, but it's very low in fat and high in protein.
- 1 quart venison stock
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs venison roast, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb frozen green beans
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In an heavy 8 quart stock pot, heat oil over medium high heat until it just smokes.
- Add venison roast.
- Season with salt.
- Stir occasionally.
- Cook until well seared.
- Add Onion, carrots and celery.
- Salt and stir occasionally until slightly tender (sweat) Add garlic and cook until just fragrant.
- Do not brown the garlic.
- Deglaze pan with some stock, stir until all bottom of pan is clean.
- Add remaining stock, parsley and bay leaf.
- Simmer until veggies are tender.
- Add beans, cover and let sit on heat for a minute.
- Remove from heat and let sit until beans reach desired tenderness.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.