My son is a very picky eater, but loves Velveeta cheese. I make this for every holiday so he will at least eat something. When my aunt visited relatives in Florida for Thanksgiving, she called to get this recipe so they could have it for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to directions and drain.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan.
- Add flour and whisk together.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble and thickens.
- Stir constantly.
- Add chunks of Velveeta and allow to melt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour macaroni into a 13x9 oblong baking dish.
- Pour sauce over macaroni.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then put extra slices of cheese on top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes until cheese melts.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve.