Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
wonderful sauteed vegetables in puff pastry
- 2⁄3 cup roasted onion (chopped)
- 2 unpeeled zucchini
- 2 unpeeled yellow squash
- 3 peeled carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 (17 1/3 ounce) packages puff pastry
- Defrost puff pastry (about 30 minutes or until easy to handle).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut onion into quarters and roast under broiler until lightly charred.
- Chop onion.
- Cut squash, zucchini, and carrots into match stix then cut match stix in half to make them short enough to fit into puff pastry circles.
- Heat oil and butter then saute vegtetables with garlic, lemon pepper and seasoning until carrots are tender.
- On a floured surface cut 5 inch cirles of pastry dough and place on cookie sheet.
- Fill each circle with 1 - 1 1/2 tsps. of vegetable mixture. Fold dough to form half moon and crimb edges.
- Using a pastry brush, brush with egg and place in oven for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is pufffed and golden brown.