Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Flo's V8 Cafe located in Cars Land at Disney's California Adventure.
Make and share this Veggie-Tater Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup onion, onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup zucchini, diced
- 2⁄3 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetarian sausage crumbles (recommend Morningstar Farms)
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 6 deli-style slices cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place bulgur in a large, heatproof bowl; cover with boiling water. Set aside for 15 minutes; drain excess water and set bulgur aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saute pan; add onions and cook until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add zucchini, squash, and peppers. Cook, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in sausage crumbles and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
- Add bulgur and tomato sauce to pan, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture into a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish, packing firmly with a spatula.
- Spread mashed potatoes over mixture, then top with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and light brown at the edges. Let cool 3 to 4 minutes, then cut into squares and serve hot.