Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are great with chicken or a roast. They are also great for lunch, just microwave for 5 minutes, they keep in the frige for 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Microwave pierced potatoes on high for 12 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice off the tops of the potatoes.
- Scoop out the pulp, keep skins intact.
- Mash pulp in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter and onion.
- Saute until onion is tender.
- Add onion, broccoli and ranch dressing to potato pulp.
- Mix well.
- Brush the outside of the potato skins with oil.
- Spoon potato mixture into the shells.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Very nice spuds. I had no broccoli, so I subbed green peppers. Served this along with BBQ chicken and Dorothy Parks' peas & onion au gratin.
DH keeps telling me he hates broccoli, and I keep convincing him he's wrong. This is one more example where he was wrong! This was really good; we both enjoyed it. I added some slices of swiss cheese on top and sprinkled with paprika.
Made for Freezer Tag Challenge March 2008: Good twice baked potato recipe. I don't recommend cooking from frozen as the broccoli started to burn. However, I think microwaving for a couple of minutes or thawing before baking would solve this issue. To freeze: complete through step 13. Place in freezer until firm. Move to a zip top bag. To serve: Thaw potatoes overnight in fridge or microwave until soft. Bake until heated through. Weight Watchers: 5 pts when using ff Ranch. Total points may vary based on potatoe size.