Recipe by MadCity Dale
Stock used in the Gaspacho served on August 12, 2012 in Partnership with the first Ride the Drive - Northside sponsored by the City of Madison, Wis. local Northside Businesses and Community Groups and residents.
- 1 cup carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsnip, roughly chopped
- 1 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cups onions (Trinity)
- 3 cups bell peppers (Trinity)
- 3 cups celery (Trinity)
- 2 gallons kale, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 gallons water, enough to cover
- 2 heads garlic, diced
- 5 cups cauliflower, scraps
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Do not stir during boil or simmer, only push everything under water and occasionly gently turn veggies over in pot.
- Red onion give a nice mahoney coloring to the stock.
- Can sub broccoli for cauliflower. Can omit kale in winter. Sub for spaghetti sauce veggie stock. 1 gal water, 4 C onion, 8 C celery, 1/4 C cajun seasoning!