Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A savory Thai dish with a healthy twist
Make and share this Veggie Pad Thai recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (replace with soy sauce if desired)
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 lb wide rice stick noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally cut green onion
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine first 6 ingredients; set aside. Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Crack eggs in a separate bowl, stir well with a whisk. Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Add egg mixture, and cook for 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Stir in chili sauce mixture and noodles; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in tofu, bean sprouts, onions and 1/4 cup cilantro, and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro.