I decided to make an omelet for dinner the other day and this came out really well, so I decided to post it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly
- 3 -4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- minced garlic, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 slice cheese (mild or nutty type) or 2 tablespoons grated cheese (mild or nutty type)
- 1Chop the vegetables as directed.
- 2Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot and pepper. Saute 1-2 minutes. Add the garlic, and saute another 1-2 minutes. Add the tarragon and paprika. Lower the heat and let the vegetables cook slowly and soften. Add more butter if necessary.
- 3Meanwhile, mix the eggs, water, soy sauce and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- 4Add the mushrooms into the vegetables in the frying pan. Cook another 5-10 minutes on low heat. Cover pan to retain moisture.
- 5Spread vegetables in pan with spatula so they are pressed down and as flat as possible. Pour the egg mixture over them. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- 6Turn the heat up slightly. Using a metal spatula, gently lift the edges of the omlete that is forming. Tilt the pan to let the unset egg flow down against the edges.
- 7Cover the pan and let the egg set further. This should take another 5 minutes or so.
- 8Lift around the edges with the spatula to loosen the omelet. Slide omlet on to a serving plate. Serve with crusty bread, and a nice white wine (if you partake).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Cheese Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.6
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 489.8 mg
- Sodium 1151.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 27.0 g