Cheesy Veggie Omelette
photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- Lightly beat eggs and set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion in the oil until just witted. Add spinach. Heat through, blend in with the onion and garlic.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix.
- Pour beaten egg over vegetables. Cook over medium heat, shaking pan to keep omelette loose from the bottom. Loosen around edges with spatula.
- Just before eggs are all set on top, sprinkle with cheese. Slip under broiler until browned.
- Slide onto platter. Garnish with tomatoes. Cut in wedges to serve.
- Good served with crisp hot french bread and butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My ancestors are Spaniard/English, my immediate roots are from Mexico, born there, but raised in Southern California, what a mixture of cultures. Now just imagines all the recepies twirling around my head that I'm willing to share with this wonderful community. Anything hot and spicy full of flavor would be my ideal dish. Love to enjoy a great flavorful meal, it dosen't matter if it's just appetizers or a full course meal, flavor needs to be present. A good drink by its side and a quick "siesta" would close the deal. One of my favorite passtimes is trying to create and have family and friends experiece with me new recepies. It's awsome when they tell you "Where did you get this recepie?" or "Can we have seconds?" I live in Southern California, have been here for more then 37 years, different ethnic groups compliment our communities, by the way, I see that as an advantage, we get to experience different cuisines from all over the world and is only normal to us. I love Sandra Lee's Semi-home made cook meals. I believe she has made life so much easier to all of us working moms. No need to start from scratch if there's shortcuts available on a busy night. One of my passions of course is cooking but also I enjoy walking the pier at our local beach, all the way to the end. Nothing to see exept the ocean and waves dancing along to their own rhytm. The best form of relaxation for me. I have 3 kids, two beautiful daughters and a handsome son oh, and let's not forget "Keyno" our pet water turtle, he thinks our home is his domain, lol. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">