a hearty vegetarian meal that will fool any meat eaters into thinking it's full of beef (make it without telling them - i promise they will NEVER know!). i developed this recipe because i love tacos AND i love chili - but i had to find a lower fat version to make since starting weight watchers. a one cup serving of this will fill you up for only 3 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package Mexican vegetarian ground meat substitute (or other soy "ground beef" product that would equal 1.5 lbs ground beef)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1empty package of veggie ground round into a large pot over medium heat.
- 2use a spoon to seperate into pieces.
- 3add the remaining ingredients to pot.
- 4stir well to mix.
- 5bring to almost boiling, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 min.
- 6serve topped with sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for vegetarian taco chili
Serving Size: 1 (2671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 582.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Mexican vegetarian ground meat substitute
reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix