Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
a hearty vegetarian meal that will fool any meat eaters into thinking it's full of beef (make it without telling them - i promise they will NEVER know!). i developed this recipe because i love tacos AND i love chili - but i had to find a lower fat version to make since starting weight watchers. a one cup serving of this will fill you up for only 3 points.
- 1 package Mexican vegetarian ground meat substitute (or other soy "ground beef" product that would equal 1.5 lbs ground beef)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- 1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can baked beans in tomato sauce
- empty package of veggie ground round into a large pot over medium heat.
- use a spoon to seperate into pieces.
- add the remaining ingredients to pot.
- stir well to mix.
- bring to almost boiling, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 min.
- serve topped with sour cream if desired.
LOVE IT! I know this is an old recipe, but it is great! It is hard to find a flavorful chili with this little ingredients. It is easy to make, and it is sooooo thick and chunky, not watered down at all!! Thank you for a great recipe. All I can say it is a sweeter recipe with not much spice, so if you want more spice I would suggest adding chili pepper. But I enjoyed it the way it is!