Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Diabetic Exchange 1 Vegetable
- 4 red bell peppers or 4 green bell peppers, cut half lengthwise and remove seeds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (1 pint)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lightly oil a large, shallow baking pan.
- Arrange peppers cut sides up in baking pan, and lightly oil cut edges of stems.
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture into peppers, and roast in upper third of oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.
Sorry, this sure seems not the best possible use for the pepper.