- 3⁄4 lb button mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 ounces walnuts, shelled, chopped
- 5 ounces silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the mushrooms in the oil with the garlic.
- Toast the walnuts for 2-3 minutes under a hot broiler. Chop them coarsely.
- Mix together the tofu and lemon juice.
- Season well and stir into the mushroom slices.
- Either mix in the scallions and toasted walnuts or arrange them on top as a garnish.