1 hr 42 mins
1 hr 12 mins
This recipe was complied from several different sources in an attempt to find a good, and relatively easy vegetarian mulligatawny recipe. It has been a hit with everyone who has tried it, even the pickiest eaters (aka: my sister). In fact, my wife believes it to be a virtual cure all.... So step aside chicken soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 whole dried chili
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 4 cups vegetable stock (store bought is ok)
- 1 large carrot, finely sliced
- 1 large new potato, rinsed unpeeled, & cubed
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 -3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 1 can coconut milk (398ml)
- 1STEP ONE: In a large pot over medium heat sauté onions in melted butter until soft and translucent but not caramelized.
- 2STEP TWO: Add seasonings to onions; continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes till they are well incorporated.
- 3STEP THREE: Stir in Vegetable stock, then add vegetables and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4STEP FOUR: Stir in coconut milk and cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool several minutes. Remove whole dried chili. Using a hand blender blend well, while a allowing some variance in texture to remain.
- 5STEP FIVE: Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and cilantro, and let stand for 1 hour or so to allow the flavors to mature.
- 6STEP SIX: Reheat gently and then serve. Preferably with warm Nan or pita.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Mulligatawny Soup (& Cure for What Ails Yah!)
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 150.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 39.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: