Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a simple and healthy vegetarian dish that can be made in less than 12 minutes (as long as you are making one serving and using a small saucepan to boil the water). It's loaded with veggies and you could even add chicken to make this a carnivore's dinner.
- water (for cooking pasta)
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta (about a small handful)
- 3⁄4 cup cauliflower floret
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 shallot (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup kale (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a small pot of water (with a lid on it) to a boil (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Add 1 serving angel hair pasta (a small handful) and cauliflower florets. Cook according to package directions.
- After 3 minutes, fish out the cauliflower and continue cooking pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 c cooking water before draining.
- Add cauliflower to a frying pan over medium-high heat with olive oil, shallot, garlic, and a handful of kale.
- Cover and cook 4 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta, grated Parmesan, and reserved cooking water and toss to combine.