Bacon and Roasted Cauliflower Pasta
photo by Jonathan_Creek
- Ready In:
- olive oil
- 6 slices smoked streaky bacon, chopped into large pieces
- 1 whole head cauliflower, washed and chopped into small florets
- 1 (400 g) can canned tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 100 g black olives
- 1 good handful fresh basil leaf
- salt and black pepper
- parmesan cheese, to serve
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180°c (350°f). Pour a good glug of olive oil into a large, oven-proof dish.
- 2. Place bacon and cauliflower into oven-proof dish and bake uncovered for 20 minutes The cauliflower should have golden-brown edges.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta for 2 mins less than package-directions. Reserve some pasta water in a cup.
- 4. Place canned tomatoes and garlic halves in a food processor and blend until well combined. Add tomato mixture to bacon an cauliflower and bake uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- 5. Add drained pasta to the oven dish and toss it in the sauce until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste (you will not need much salt due to the saltiness of the bacon).
- 6. Cover the pasta and leave for 5 mins off the heat to soak up the sauce. Add some pasta water if it becomes too dry.
- 7. Uncover and add olives and fresh basil. Toss to combine. Serve with plenty of freshly grated Parmesan. Yummy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!