Recipe by allison773
This recipe is very versatile, the only required ingredients are bread, eggs and milk or soy milk. I recommend using all ingredients listed, but in a pinch you can skip any of the optional ingredients. Can be made dairy free with soy milk and soy cheese.
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 4 cups bread, cubed
- salt and pepper
- 14 ounces Gimmie Lean sausage flavor (or other soy meat) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- 1 cup any type cheese (optional) or 1 cup soy cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x13 pan.
- Brown soy meat if using.
- Place cubed bread in pan, add soy meat.
- Beat eggs and milk, salt, pepper, mustard and spices until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, sprinkle on cheese if desired.
- Let stand 10 minutes so bread can absorb egg.
- Place in oven and bake about 45 min - 1 hour or until top is golden brown.