Recipe by celestial_star03
This is a vegetarian chili there is no animal products in it. You can garnish with rice and sour cream.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 cup yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup green pepper, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 2 cups canned low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 cups canned kidney beans or 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add zucchini, onion, garlic, and green pepper.
- Saute ten minutes until softened.
- Transfer to a sauce pan and add tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, parsley, and pepper.
- Cook over low uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and cook over low for 10 minutes more.
- Check and fix your seasonings and serve.