Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had a great broccoli salad at a local restaurant and they would not give up the recipe despite some rather pathetic begging on my part, so, I came home and re-created it. This is a pretty close approximation.
For the salad
- 1 cup small broccoli floret, steamed until just-tender
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
For the dressing
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Combine all salad ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in separate bowl and blend well.
- Pour dressing mixture over salad mixture, toss to coat well, then adjust salt and pepper seasoning if needed.