1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
This chili is scented with orange and cumin. It is very easy to make and can be done in 30 minutes for less than $10, making it perfect for a weeknight meal. From "Bon Appetite" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, not drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- hot pepper sauce
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- sour cream or plain yogurt, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- 1Grate oranges so that you have 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest; juice both oranges.
- 2Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and cook onions until they start to soften, about 5 minutes; add garlic and spices and stir well.
- 3Stir in beans, tomatoes, half the orange juice simmer until heated through and the flavors blend, about 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in the orange zest and remaining orange juice; season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- 5Ladle into serving bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream, or plain yogurt, and cilantro, if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 64.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.2 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 24.6 g