Recipe by GingerlyJ
I was raised on my mother making this dish. I make itnow for my family's weekly Meatless meal because it's so hearty you don't really miss the meat I always use my zippy red sauce recipe but you can use your favorite pasta sauce. for a gret meal serve with my Last garlic bread you'll ever eat and caeser salad with my Low Fat caeser dressing
- 12 ounces ziti pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 24 ounces meatless pasta sauce
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup fresh parmesea cheese
- 1 large onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup grated carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook ziti until halfway done.
- in oil sautee the onion and pepper and carrot until tender.
- Drain ziti and return to saucepan, adding veggies.
- stir in sauce, ricotta cheese and 1/2 of the mozzerella and parmsean.
- spoon unto a 2 quart baking dish op with remaining cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.