Recipe by Girl from India
I love a medley of vegetables that look like an edible bouquet on the table and taste oh! so good together with flavours and tastes mingling so mesmerisingly. This one's really special.
Top Review by Marie
This was labor intensive, but very good. Loved the veggies with the balsamic vinegar and oil dressing. The only change was that I added salt and pepper to taste. I wonder if all the vegetables could be drizzled with olive oil, and roasted, then add the dressing? I may try that next time. Thanks for the recipe, Fay.
- 1 eggplant, cut lengthways into thin slices and sprinkled with salt to take out the bitterness,then rinsed and d
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red pepper, halved
- 1 small green pepper, halved
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 90 g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano, fresh leaves (I use 1 tblsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place the eggplant slices in a single layer in a baking tray which has been brushed with oil (I use a non-stick tray so omit the oil) Make cross slits on each tomato and place them with the eggplant slices.
- Now brush them with a little oil and bake for 10 mins.
- Cut the eggplant into strips.
- Deseed the peppers and grill until the skin is black and then wrap in a damp cloth until cool.
- Rub the skin off and chop.
- Keep the zucchini slices in a bowl and cover with boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and dip in cold water.
- Drain again.
- Now combine all vegetables and the herbs in a big serving bowl and sprinkle the balsamic vinegar and the olive oil over and toss well.
- Keep standing for 1 hour for them to get acquainted.
- Serve at room temperature.