Prep 50 mins
Cook 4 mins
This recipe I got from a television program Kitchen Secrets in 1969. Very easy and good.
- 1 1⁄4 cups beer
- 1 1⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 2 stiff beaten egg whites
- Let beer stand 45 minutes or until flat at room temp.
- Combine sifted flour, cheese, parsley, salt, and garlic powder.
- Stir in olive oil, beer, egg yolks,and blend until smooth.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Dip vegetables into batter.
- Fry in deep fat 375 degrees F.
- a few at a time, until golden 2- 5 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and serve.
- Makes three cups batter.
- Vegetables: zucchini, eggplant, cauliflower, red peppers, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese cubes, etc.