Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are only 1 point/serving! Recipe Source: Sizzle It!
Make and share this Vegetable Skewers (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- In a large bowl whisk together 1/2 cup of the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the cayenne. Stir in the vegetables (zucchini - red onion). Let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- ****If using wooden skewers soak them in water for at least 30 minutes.***.
- Spray grill rack with Pam.
- Make the yogurt sauce by combining remaining yogurt (1/4 cup), cilantro and mint in a small dish or bowl. Set aside.
- Thread the vegetables alternately on the skewers. Spray with Pam and then sprinkle them with remaining salt.
- Place skewers on grill and grill turning until vegetables are charred and tender (6-10 minutes).
- Serve with yogurt sauce, if desired.
These were alright, family liked the vegetables just wasn't into the flavor of the spices. Thank You.
These are wonderful with the yogurt dressing on them. We really enjoyed them....first time I've ever grilled cauliflower, and what a treat! Just watch the heat of your grill...mine went from raw to done in no time at all!!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe!